Saturday 20 December 2008

The Best Thing That Happened Today was the two parcels waiting for me at the sorting office this morning. One from America, one from the UK, both exquisite Nikki McClure items to beautify my home and inspire my creative life. Despite the expensive pound/dollar conversion rate at the moment, I splashed out on her 2009 calender, which was worth every cent. But I did then manage to counter this with the thrifty find on amazon marketplace of a book of her artwork, from which I'm gonna frame my favourite pieces as prints and hang them around the house. I'm now wrestling with pliers and a jumbo paperclip to make a hook to hang the calendar from in anticipation of the 1st January...

"Nikki McClure of Olympia, Washington is known for her painstakingly intricate and beautiful paper cuts. Armed with an X-acto knife, she cuts out her images from a single sheet of paper and creates a bold language that translates the complex poetry of motherhood, nature, and activism into a simple and endearing picture."


Nikki McClure Website

No comments:

Post a Comment